In 1950, Bill Rosenberg opened the first Dunkin’ Donuts restaurant in Quincy, Massachusetts. His goal was to “make and serve the freshest, most delicious coffee and donuts quickly and courteously in modern, well-merchandised stores.” It is fifty-six years later, and Dunkin’ Donuts’ customers are still enjoying this brand of coffee and donuts and more!
With more than 11,500 restaurants in 40 countries worldwide, they have earned the No. 1 ranking for customer loyalty in the coffee category by Brand Keys for nine years running!
- Rosenberg licensed the first of many franchises in 1955.
- Dunkin’ Donuts still uses the original proprietary coffee blend recipe established by its founder.
Dunkin’ Donuts strives to provide their guests with superior choice, quality, and service at great value. Their continued focus is on providing a menu that is great tasting with high-quality choices while meeting the demands of their guests’ busy lives. They remain committed to offering menu options at Dunkin’ Donuts that meet specific dietary guidelines and preferences so that each guest can choose what’s smart for them.
Dunkin’ Donuts plays an essential role in their communities. The employees and their families are proud to contribute time and resources to help support causes that make a difference in the neighborhoods where they live and work.
Dunkin’ Donuts & Baskin-Robbins Community Foundation (DBRCF) was established by the Dunking’ Brands and the U.S. franchisees in 2006 to create a positive impact within their communities.
The DDBRCF Areas of Focus
- Food for Our Hungry – Fulfilling critical hunger needs in our communities through partnerships with local food banks and hunger relief organizations.
- Health for Our Children – Improving children’s health through partnerships with children’s hospitals and organizations that support children’s physical activity and the research and treatment of children’s diseases and illnesses.
- Safety for Our Neighborhoods – Ensuring the safety of our neighborhoods and communities through partnerships with organizations that support firefighters, public safety officers and troops at home and abroad.
This organization generously supports many local organizations in the area. Their commitment to the community is inspiring. We are pleased to welcome Dunkin’ Donuts to the Adopt A Highway® program by adding two new signs in the New Haven area. By joining our program, they promote cleaner, safer highways and a sense of community pride.
For more information about dunkin’ donuts, please visit www.dunkinbrands.com